2020 Bordeaux Pre-Arrival
For all the challenges faced by vignerons and winemakers from Bordeaux during 2020, it could be seen as a miracle anything was produced at all, let alone wines at the extremely high quality level seemingly waiting in barrel now. Certainly the weather presented its usual challenges of heat and drought, mid-season rain and mildew pressure, and the odd thunderstorm, but if you add in the uncertainty of lockdowns and availability of labour at harvest, there were no doubt many sweating on the result of the year. Thankfully for most they look to have navigated 2020 well, and are now able to offer what is the third vintage in a row of exceptional quality wines.
“Many of the reds of 2020 are at the same quality level as highly regarded bottles from the already coveted 2019 and 2018. It may be the first time in the history of Bordeaux that we have a trilogy of super vintages." - James Suckling
Professional reviews suggest 2020 will be a year to rival the stunning wines produced in both 2018 and 2019. Although 2020 was another warm to hot year, stylistically there is ample freshness, with many wines from the Left Bank comparable to those of 2019. In contrast, the Right Bank wines, and especially those of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol, show a greater resemblance to the powerful and seductive wines of 2018. Certainly an appetizing prospect for lovers of both camps.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.