- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Lanessan Pre-Arrival Offer
Sporting a deep purple-black color, the 2020 Lanessan has a lively nose of crushed redcurrants, black raspberries and blackcurrant preserves, plus hints of dried Provence herbs and pencil shavings. The medium-bodied palate has plenty of energetic red and black berry flavors, supported by grainy tannins, finishing deliciously refreshing.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (July 2021)
The 2020 Lanessan is impressive, to say the least. Dark, layered and mysterious, the 2020 packs serious punch, the blackberry jam, incense, scorched earth and leather all melding together. I especially admire the wine's depth and textural intensity. Beautifully done.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Very beautiful, fine-tannined red with blackberry and blueberry character. Lovely chocolate and hazelnut undertones. Fine tannins. Fresh finish.
Readers looking for a great buy in the vintage should check out the 2020 Château Lanessan, which offers ample dark (almost blue) fruits, cassis, and spring flower notes to go with a medium-bodied, nicely concentrated, balanced beauty that has enough tannins and structure to warrant 2-4 years of bottle age.
Intense raspberry fruits, chocolate shavings, tobacco leaf and liquorice. Successful overall with rippling muscular tannins and good acidity. Owned by Domaine Bouteiller, this vintage was the last year with Paz Espejo, she has left after 10 years at the helm, her successor had not been announced at time of tasting (although she was château director as well as technical director, and in this Pierre Delage has taken over the role). September 22 to October 7 for the harvest. Eric Boissenot consultant.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.