- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Palmer Pre-Arrival Offer
Chateau Palmer has been one of the most consistent and highly regarded wines in Bordeaux for many years, and also one with fantastic ageing potential. Situated in Margaux and covering 66 hectares, the vineyard is planted to 47% Merlot, 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 6% Petit Verdot. Soils here are a mix of gravel, clay, and sand. Interestingly their greatest parcel of land that is situated just behind the Chateau was not part of the property at the time of the 1855 classification, and explains in part why Palmer was only granted Third Growth status.
Vivid colours, and the aromatics grab hold straight away. This is intense and concentrated, elegant, balanced and classical, all about the texture which is velvety and seductive with softly-grained tannins. Moves oh so slowly through the palate with dozens of layers to get hold of. The overall feel is precise, slow and seductive, with appellation and estate signature at every turn. Sappy, hawthorn freshness, rosemary, redcurrant, tobacco, cigar box and dark chocolate shavings on the finish. 3.77pH, 78IPT, 55% of overall production, with 13% press wine.
Jane Anson - Decanter
48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot. Cask sample.
The Merlot provides the broad sweep and touch of sweetness on entry, the Cabernet the fine but punchy tannins that drive the wine. Lots of life and persistence, the tannins fine-grained and fresh. Clear potential.
James Lawther MW - jancisrobinson.com
This is probably one of the wines of the vintage and one of the most racy in its history. Full, meaty, with a lot of substance and chewiness, this 2020 explodes in the mouth. A wine of incredible texture, preserved tension and endless length. He talks to perfection. (translated from French)
La Revue du Vin de France
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.