Terms & Conditions
1. Your use of the Internet site www.nicks.com.au / Nicks Wine Merchants is subject to the Terms & Conditions of use. If you do not agree with any of the Terms & Conditions of use, do not access or otherwise use www.nicks.com.au. www.nicks.com.au is owned and operated by Nicks Wine Merchants and is collectively referred to herein as "we," "us," or "our". Your placing of an order on www.nicks.com.au or via Nicks Wine Merchants or other use of the content on the www.nicks.com.au site shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of use.
2. Nicks Wine Merchants does not sell alcohol to persons under the age of 18. By using this site you affirm that you are over the age of 18. By using this site you are acknowledging that the person receiving a shipment of wine is over the age of 18. Nicks Wine Merchants supports the responsible service of alcohol. Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is against the law to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $6,000) and/or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $500).
3. Any images used on the www.nicks.com.au site are for illustrative purposes only and although every effort is made to ensure accuracy, these images may not be representative and should not be used as references for a product's packaging, vintage, type of closure and colour etc, etc.
4. The copyright of all content (text and images) on this site belongs to Nicks Wine Merchants under the copyright laws of Australia, unless otherwise attributed. The content on the www.nicks.com.au website may not be copied on to other websites or into other works or otherwise used without prior written permission from Nicks Wine Merchants.
5. Under Australian Consumer Law we are not obligated to provide a refund or replacement if you simply change your mind so please choose carefully. Always keep your receipt as proof of purchase. Nicks Wine Merchants will endeavour to resolve any issues with regard to Refunds & Replacements with a 100% money back guarantee. However, in certain exceptional circumstances we will reserve the right to not accept returns or offer refunds. This will be at our discretion. For example, we will not accept returns on "Special Order" items, etc. We will offer a refund or exchange if an item is significantly different from the sample or description. If a product is believed to be faulty, for example corked, you must keep the contents of the bottle and contact us for a resolution. Freight charges may apply on returned items. An order cancellation fee of $50 may apply at Nicks Wine Merchants discretion.
6. While we do everything possible to ensure back vintage wines are of the finest provenance, OLD WINES ARE NOT GUARANTEED IN ANY WAY. Be aware that flavour profiles can change dramatically in older wines. If you are unsure that you will enjoy the flavours that come with older wines, we recommend you don't buy them. "I don't like it" does not qualify for a refund.
7. Errors & omissions on www.nicks.com.au are excepted. We reserve the right to change pricing at any time and / or refuse the sale of a product.
8. Deliveries & Conditions of Ordering
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 14 DAYS FOR DELIVERY WITHIN AUSTRALIA.
Most deliveries occur much sooner than this. Call us for an approximate turnaround time. 1800 069 295
a) Persons ordering alcoholic beverages must be over 18 years of age.
b) You may order any mix of products you wish. (NB - Unit prices apply when selecting your own mixed dozen of wine.)
c) Delivery fees are at the case rates for orders of less than 1 case. For example 1 bottle delivered to Sydney will incur a A$15.00 delivery charge. For orders of less than 12 bottles for delivery in the Melbourne Metropolitan area a A$10.00 delivery charge will apply.
d) Any deliveries requiring redelivery, or redirection from an address provided by yourself to a new address provided by the recipient, will incur an additional charge.
e) For Orders less than A$50.00 in value an additional A$5.00 packaging and handling charge will apply.
f) Please note not all products are available in store. If you wish to buy any product in store please call before hand to ensure stocks are available. All stock subject to availability and increases in government charges and wholesale prices.
g) An important note on 'collectables' and complaints regarding minor packaging damage.
There's an adage that goes "Anything can be collected, but not everything is a collectible". By definition, products that are mass produced are consumables and never ‘collectables’. A true collectable (more or less) fulfills three criteria: (1) being of very high quality or setting a benchmark for its genre; (2) being rare or being perceived to be very limited; (3) follows a precedent that has demonstrated (or strongly implies) an increase in value over time. Most items sold via this website do not qualify as collectables.
It should be understood that supply chains for most products in the liquor industry are set up to deal with consumables, not works of art. Items are packaged and transported accordingly, so it’s not uncommon for items to have minor damage to labels and presentation boxes. All attempts will be made to ship items in original packaging. There may be instances where packaging can be damaged in transit. This includes products that Nicks Wine Merchants have received from suppliers. Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance, therefore we request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard. If you require a pristine example of the bottle and packaging please advise at the time of ordering and we will confirm the condition of the item(s) on hand and/or do our best to preferentially select the item(s).
i) Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to request further information such as photo ID and credit card information for validation of age, identity and address for security purposes. Failure to comply with requests for further information may result in cancellation of the order in question.
j) If you have a dispute regarding a delivery, you must contact us within 14 days of the date of delivery. Do not delay. Provision of proof of delivery expires 30 days after the courier's actual delivery date. If you contact us beyond this time frame, it's highly unlikely we'll be able to help you resolve any issues.
k) Nicks Wine Merchants cannot deliver to every country. Please do not assume we can deliver to your country before placing your order. Please check our freight rates pages or contact us for a quote. Any international deliveries are subject to confirmation by Nicks Wine Merchants.
l) If customs in your country refuse the shipment and send the item back to us, we will refund you the full amount, less the shipping charge and a $50 order cancellation fee.