- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Fombrauge Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Fombrauge has a deep garnet-purple color and expressive notes of chocolate-covered cherries, mulberries and baked plums, plus hints of espresso, graphite and cedar chest with a waft of Sichuan pepper. The medium to full-bodied palate is elegantly crafted with lovely freshness and a well-tamed, grainy texture, finishing long and earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Fombrauge has a crisp blackberry, blueberry and cedar nose, subtle pine aromas filtering through with aeration. The medium-bodied palate delivers crunchy black fruit laced with cedar and very light ash notes. Good acidity here, and nice structure; a convincingly more classic Fombrauge, this, with fine grip toward the finish. I approve.
Neal Martin - Vinous
The 2020 Fombrauge is packed with blackberry jam, chocolate, licorice, spice and mocha. This bold, opulent Saint-Émilion is impeccably balanced. Yes, there is a ton of intensity and richness, but Fombrauge avoids the excesses of some of Bernard Magrez's other wines.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
This is really finely textured with beautiful tannins that run the length of the wine and go on and on. It’s full-bodied, yet refined and poised. Pretty finish. Best ever?
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.