- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Haut Bergey Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2020 Haut Bergey strides out of the glass with notes of stewed black and red plums, baked blackberries and Morello cherries, plus touches of tar, unsmoked cigars and charcuterie with a touch of bay leaves. The medium-bodied palate has a pleasant chewiness and just enough freshness to frame the black fruit layers, finishing long and savory.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
Lots of crushed stone and blackberry with some walnut and mushroom. Dried-earth undertone. Medium-to full-bodied with round, ripe tannins and a savory finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Demeter certification.
Full bottle just 1,260 g. Demeter certified. Cask sample taken 2 April. 40% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec. Average yield was just 18 hl/ha. Aged for 16 months in 300-litre barrels and a 3,000-litre wooden tun.
Blackish, concentrated crimson. High-toned nose suggests some subtlety. Lovely supple palate entry – very beguiling and distinctive. Lots of freshness and terroir expression here. The tannins are so ripe you hardly notice them; they creep up on you only at the end. This definitely treads its own path, and delivers what one might call new bordeaux with a fan of subtle flavours at the end. Chapeau.
Jancis Robinson MW
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.