- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau de La Dauphine Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black in color, the 2020 de la Dauphine opens with expressive notes of baked blackberries, prunes and Christmas pudding, leading to hints of eucalyptus, tar and dusty soil. The full-bodied palate is rich and decadent, delivering impactful exotic spice-laced black fruit preserves with just enough freshness and a velvety texture, finishing long and opulent.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
A firm, solid red with blackberry, black-licorice and stone aromas and flavors. It’s medium-to full-bodied with firm, polished tannins. Very well structured.
Dark in color, the wine kicks off with licorice, Morello cherries, bitter chocolate, blackberry and smoke. Round, rich, lush and opulent, the velvet textured, chocolate covered plums on the palate really stick with you. Drink it young or age it for a few years.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Austere in all the right ways, with blueberry and redcurrant juice flowing through coiled tannins. Pretty concentrated overall, this is sappy with a silky texture, pulled in on the finish and has clear limestone influence. A yield of 30hl/ha. 30% new oak. Certified organic. Julien Viaud consultant (who has now fully taken over the Michel Rolland consultancy).
Jane Anson - Decanter
85% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc. Cask sample taken 14 April. Aged for 12 months in barrel (30% new). Certified organic.
Blackish purple. Some real energy on the nose. Then succulent fruit on the palate before some well-managed tannins. This needs quite a bit of time, and is a particularly dramatic vintage, but it is clearly capable of delivering quite a bit of pleasure eventually.
Jancis Robinson MW
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.