- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Fonplegade Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black colored, the 2020 Fonplegade offers up notes of chocolate-covered cherries, mulberries and blackberry preserves, followed by hints of smoked meats, cinnamon toast and potpourri. The medium to full-bodied palate bursts with juicy black fruits, supported by velvety tannins and well-balanced acidity, finishing long and fragrant.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Fonplégade is sensual, polished and understated. This mid-weight, silky Saint-Émilion has more finesse than power. All the elements are so nicely balanced. Crushed rose petal, mint, raspberry jam and mocha all grace the 2020. This is a very classy wine from Denise and Stephen Adams.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2020 Fonplégade has an intriguing bouquet that oddly made me think of Burgundy! Plush red berry fruit, vanilla, blueberry jam and touches of sous-bois burst from the glass, hints of blood orange and marmalade lingering in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins, quite effervescent thanks to the keen line of acidity, and a little zesty toward the finish. This brims with nascent vigor and should drink well once in bottle, perhaps one that might offer much in its youth.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A solid red with blackberry, blackcurrant and spice character. Medium body, firm and silky tannins and a flavorful finish. Nice depth of fruit and focus.
Crushed rocks, currants, cherries, flowers, licorice, smoke, cocoa and espresso covers all the bases in the perfume. Elegant and edgy, silky, soft and mineral driven, the fruits show a beautiful purity, freshness and refinement on the palate, leaving you with salty tannins and sweet plums that continue to linger and expand in the finish. The wine is made from a blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.