- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Lascombes Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2020 Lascombes comes skipping out of the glass with bright, cheery scents of raspberry coulis, blackberry preserves and fresh blackcurrants, plus suggestions of pencil shavings, dried roses and charcuterie with a waft of bouquet garni. The medium to full-bodied palate has great tension and energy, delivering crunchy red and black fruit layers and a firm, grainy frame, finishing long with an herbal lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Lascombes is gorgeous. Inky and deep, the 2020 is brimming with character. There is a bit less opulence than in some recent vintages, but that is not a bad thing. And plenty of inky dark fruit, leather and spice flavor. The 2020 is an attractive, mid-weight Lascombes with a good deal of richness and fine balance. Lavender, cloves, spice and new French oak linger on the suave finish.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Blackberries and spices, such as cloves and nutmeg, as well as licorice and hints of graphite. It’s full-bodied with firm, chewy tannins, yet they are polished and beautiful. Structured. Solid.
A terrific success in the vintage, the 2020 Château Lascombes sports a dense purple color as well as gorgeous black and blue fruits interwoven with plenty of toasty oak. Playing in the medium to full-bodied end of the spectrum, it has velvety tannins, good mid-palate density, and beautiful overall balance. It’s one of those wines that brings plenty of ripe fruit yet always has a solid sense of elegance and purity. Tasted twice.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.