- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Montlandrie Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Montlandrie is a blend of 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. The Merlot was picked between the 18th and the 22nd of September, and the Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon were picked from the 23rd to the 25th of September. It has an alcohol of 14.5% and is aging in French oak barrels, 40% new. Deep garnet-purple colored, it bursts from the glass with vibrant notes of crushed blackberries, fresh, juicy black plums and mulberries, plus hints of bay leaves, cardamom, ground black pepper and black truffles. The medium to full-bodied palate possesses impressive freshness with a solid backbone of soft, rounded tannins and bags of ripe black fruits, finishing long with a peppery kick. 53,000 bottles are expected to be made.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Montlandrie is powerful, densely constituted and full of character. Inky red/purplish fruit, cedar, spice, mocha and dried flowers are all laced together. Far from an easygoing wine, it packs a serious punch, and I expect it will age wonderfully. In 2020, the Montlandrie may very well be the hidden gem in the Durantou range. (This is the second year in the new winery.)
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Very salty and tangy with some white pepper, too, as well as lots of blackberries and blueberries. Medium body with delicate yet firm tannins that show intensity. Firm finish.
Plum liqueur, flowers, truffles and crushed stone all make an appearance on the nose. On the medium-bodied palate, the wine is soft, fresh, lively, sweet and round, finishing with lifted, ripe, juicy red plums, licorice, spice and black cherry.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.