- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Moulin Du Cadet Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black colored, the 2020 Moulin du Cadet springs from the glass with lively scents of plum preserves, wild blueberries and black raspberries, plus suggestions of menthol, chargrill, Indian spices and tree bark. The medium to full-bodied palate is chock-full of ripe, juicy black and blue fruits, framed by velvety tannins and a racy backbone, finishing on a lingering fragrant-earth note. A property clearly on the upward swing, this is one to watch!
This 2.85-hectare vineyard was acquired by the Lefévère family in 2015, owners of the nearby Sansonnet and Soutard Cadet. The 100% Merlot vines have an average age of 35+ years and are planted at a density of 6,000 vines per hectare. The soil is a mix of fine clay and limestone.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Moulin du Cadet possesses tons of energy and vibrancy to complement its racy red/purplish berry fruit. Rose petal, mint, cedar, spice and sweet floral notes develop with a bit of coaxing in the glass, all framed by clean mineral notes that extend the finish. It’s nice to see a less pushed style here, as the purity of the fruit is impressive. The 2020 might be the most refined Moulin du Cadet of recent times, or ever. It's a jewel of a wine, that much is certain. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Impressive sample. This is really fine with long, refined and linear tannins that are so polished and beautiful. Full-bodied, tight and refined. Goes on for minutes.
Another gem, the 2020 Château Moulin Du Cadet boasts a deep purple hue to go with full-bodied aromas and flavors of ripe currants, black cherries, crushed stone, and classy oak. A total blockbuster on the palate, it brings gorgeous richness and depth while still showing the pure, fresh, precise style of the vintage nicely. With ripe, polished tannins, impeccable balance, and a great finish, it should be snatched up by readers.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.