Imported Red Wines
91 94 91Direct ImportPessac Leognan, Bordeaux, FRANCE$31.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2018 Ferran opens with expressive notes of black cherries, mulberries, warm cassis and redcurrant jelly plus wafts of tapenade, truffles and lavender. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm, fine-grained texture and loads of freshness supporting the bright fruit, finishing with great length.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The center palate of this wine shows pretty density and freshness with purple-fruit and stone character. Some tea leaves as well. Medium body. Firm tannins.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
This is really linear and tight for this winery and shows seriousness and polish. Medium-to full-bodied and a tight, compact palate. Very fresh and long, too. I can see a change to more linear and precise wines here.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.
- Cellar 5 - 6 years (2019-2020)
- ABV 14%
- Closure: Cork
The Pessac-Léognan commune has the best soils of the Graves area in Bordeaux and represents all of the classed growth estates. The soils here are very similar to those of the Médoc to the north, while the climate is milder and gives the wines a touch more richness. Chateau Ferran employ hand harvesting, strict sorting of the grapes, and sensitive wine making techniques to ensure their wine is equal to the top wines of the appellation. Their red wine is a blend of 60% Merlot, with the balance Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
Opaque black dark crimson colour with a deep dark crimson red hue. The nose displays good aromatic lift with scents of blackcurrants and black cherries followed by some cedary tobacco, subtle earth and spice. Medium to full bodied the palate is filled with rich blackcurrant and black cherry flavours over a background of toasty cedar, earth and spice. Dryish finish with solid firmish but fine grained tannins. Aftertaste of blackcurrant, earth and spicy cedar.
Cellar 5-6 years.
Sexy, lush, and deep ruby/purple in color, ripe, sweet notes of plums, black currants and cherries jump from the glass of this sleeper of the vintage. An undeniably endearing style of wine, generously endowed, plump and easy to appreciate, its evolved complexity and fleshy fruit make for a delicious yet classic Graves to drink over the next decade or more. Bravo! Drink 2013-2023.
Robert Parker – The Wine Advocate
A wine with lots of juicy fruit and chewy tannins yet smoky and earthy. Full body, with mushroom character and a long finish. Needs time to soften. Try in 2017.