Imported Red Wines
- 91 92Direct ImportCotes de Castillon, Bordeaux, FRANCE$24.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
This is a young red with serious concentration of fruit for the appellation, showing blue fruit and hints of dried mushrooms and salt. Full-bodied. Chewy finish. Better than the 2018.
Always a good value, the 2019 Château Cap De Faugeres is another winner, giving up plenty of juicy dark fruits, new leather, dried herbs, and floral hints as well as a medium-bodied, fleshy, fruit-forward and delicious style on the palate. It's going to keep for a solid decade or more.
Pumped up but nicely balanced by freshness, this is full of dark fruits and is an enjoyable Castillon, without doubt one of the best of the appellation. Silvio Denz-owned estate, where the natural austerity of Castillon soils works well with the exuberance of his winemaking style.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Dark in color, the wine exudes licorice, smoke, dark chocolate, black pit fruits and cherries. Full-bodied, lushly textured and with a hedonistic, fruit and chocolate filled finish, this will offer a lot of bang for the buck. The wine was made from blending 80% old vine Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
The 2019 Cap de Faugères has a typical Fronsac bouquet with dense blackberry, briary and melted tar aromas that kind of shut the door in your face for broaching it prematurely. I don't mind that - it's still delineated and develops an appealing loam character. The palate is medium-bodied with quite hard tannins, a broad-shouldered and grippy wine in the making with a potent briny finish. It will certainly require several years in the cellar, but it is still a Fronsac with character.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page