Imported Red Wines
- Cellar 5 - 6 years (2025-2026)
- ABV 14.5%
- Closure: Cork
A blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon aged for 12 months in oak barrels. Superb dense inky black colour with a deep black dark red hue. Heady blackcurrant, liquorice and black cherry aromas sail out of the glass with toasty cedar, earth, black olive and spice notes ensuing. Full in body the palate is loaded with rich blackcurrant, liquorice and black cherry fruits which are backed by firm chewy tannins. Toasty vanillin oak, scorched earth and spicy tobacco characters sit underneath. Finishes rich and ripe with a muscular feel.
Cellar 5-6 years.
Ripe and rich, with some firm tannins, this wood-aged wine has a good future. It offers plenty of black fruits backed by the structure and with a solid, juicy fruitiness at the end. Drink from 2021.
89 89 92Nick's ImportCastillon Cotes de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, FRANCE$25.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2020 Cuvée Compostelle rolls out of the glass with pretty, open-knit scents of fresh raspberries, black cherries and violets, plus touches of cedar, cinnamon toast and tilled soil. The medium-bodied palate is elegantly styled and refreshing with red berry and spicy flavors, finishing fragrant.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Cuvée Compostelle offers opulent blueberry and black cherry fruit on the nose, becoming more floral with aeration, although lacking a little terroir expression. The palate is medium-bodied with very ripe black fruit, sweet and generous; the acidity keeps everything in check. It feels a little hard on the sinewy finish at the moment, but that will likely soften during barrel age. Not quite up there with the excellent 2018 but it should age well in bottle.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A rich, layered red with blackberry, stone and plush, velvety tannins. Medium body. Impressive for this estate.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.