Imported Red Wines
- 88 90Direct ImportLussac Saint Emilion, Bordeaux, FRANCE$16.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
Blended of 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2018 Tabuteau is deep garnet-purple colored. Aromas of baked red and black plums and warm cherries waft from the glass with notes of dried herbs and forest floor. The palate is medium to full-bodied with a firm, rounded tannin texture and plenty of freshness, finishing with an herbal lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
A juicy and dusty young red with dark-berry and chocolate character. Medium body. Good tannin content.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.
- $19.99 Bottle
- Cellar 5 - 6 years (2024-2025)
- ABV 14%
- Closure: Cork
A blend of 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc. Totally opaque black dark red colour with a vibrant dark red hue. Pronounced ripe blackcurrant aromas mix with hints of liquorice and dark cherries followed by earth, light tobacco, vanillin cedar and spice. Elegant and refined the medium bodied palate features red to black currant and mulberry flavours over earth subtlety scorched vanillin cedar, dried herbs and spice. Dry, slightly dusty finish with firm but fine grained tannins giving the back palate a gritty feel. Fresh acidity and a medium length aftertaste.
Cellar 5-6 years.
The 2016 Tabuteau has an opulent but pure bouquet with red cherry and blueberry that opens nicely in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine delineation, quite saline in the mouth with plenty of freshness on the finish. In a word - yes.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Fresh and bright with blackberry and blueberry character. Medium body and a clean finish.
The 2016 de Tabuteau is powerful and rustic, yet also pleasing in its own way. This burly, intense Lussac-Saint Émilion is likely to offer its best drinking sooner rather than later.