Imported Red Wines
- $34.99 Bottle
- Cellar 6 - 8 years (2021-2023)
- ABV 14.5%
- Closure: Cork
Excellent colour displaying an inky black core with a deep dark crimson red black tinged hue. Nosing reveals scented aromas of ripe blackcurrants and black cherries alongside some liquorice and black olives with cigar box and spice end notes. Still very youthful the palate possesses excellent richness with mouthfilling flavours of black cherries alongside a touch of liquorice with underlying black olive, earthy cigar box and spice. Firm chewy finish with a solid muscular tannin structure. Long blackcurrant, black olive, cigar box and spice aftertaste. A firm, tightly structured Bordeaux that needs some time to fully unravel.
Cellar 6-8 years.
Elegant nose with loads of dark fruit, licorice and crushed chalk. Full-bodied and wonderfully textured on the palate with well-dosed fine tannins and attractive red fruit. Enjoyable long finish. Try in 2015.
- 89 91 92Nick's ImportCotes de Castillon, Bordeaux, FRANCE$34.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Veyry is definitely the finest that I have tasted from this estate. It has a very well defined and focused bouquet with crisp delineation and fine minerality. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, well judged acidity, very refined in style without compensating on intensity or persistence. After a slightly perplexing showing of the 2015 Veyry last year, this 2016 shows an estate back on form and it comes highly recommended.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Pretty density of fruit with blackberry, dark-cherry and salty character. Full and flavorful.
The 2016 Veyry is terrific. Plump, juicy and super-expressive, this is a gorgeous wine that hits all the right notes. Red cherry, raspberry, wildflowers, chalk and spice all flesh out in the glass. This is one of the best vintages - perhaps the best vintage - of the Veyry I have tasted. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.