Oscar.697 Bianco Vermouth (750ml)

$39. 99
$479.88 Dozen
ABV: 16%
Produced in Canelli, in the province of Asti in the Piedmont region in Italy’s north-west, this fairly new Vermouth brand is the brainchild of three drinks experts: Stefano di Dio, Oscar Quagliarini (the brand’s namesake who created the recipe for the vermouth) and Oreste Sconfienza, a vermuttista who’s been making Italian vermouth since the late 1950s. Sleek contemporary packaging belies a traditional production method that follows the guidelines for Vermouth set out by the Italian authorities. Trebbiano di Romagna, a white variety from central Italy (selected for its neutrality) makes up 75% of the mix with the remaining 25% being a maceration of botanicals in high ABV neutral spirit.

The Bianco offers strong notes of bergamot, yarrow muscat and elderflower. The sugar level is kept relatively low (14%) to ensure the final product is drier and slightly more bitter than most other examples. Recommended in a spritz or with white spirits such as gin, tequila and pisco.

Other reviews... 5 stars - diffordsguide.com