Hussongs Reposado Tequila (750ml)

$89. 99
$1079.88 Dozen
ABV: 40%
Closure: Cork

Bottled by McCormick Distilling in Missouri, U.S.A, Hussong’s Tequila found notoriety (in its early form) by being one of the first to proudly state a “99% agave” content on the front label as a means to bypass Mexican regulations which require all 100% agave Tequila be bottled in Mexico.

A shift in consumer trends saw the company later market a 100% agave Tequila, moving all bottling to Mexico (the bottle was clearly marked “100% Agave” and is a rare find should you come across it). This bottling gained instant notoriety amongst Tequila fans, with its distinct, blue stoneware jug, however was short lived due to the inevitable increase in costs.

Current Hussong’s stock is a Reposado mixto (51% Blue Agave, and the remaining 49% from other sugars, typically cane). Not one for the hard-core Tequila fans, but a versatile option worth exploring considering past form.

No tasting notes available…