- Nick's Import
2020 Lion de la Fleur de Bouard Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black in color, the 2020 Le Lion storms out of the glass with bold notes of baked black plums, blackberry pie and boysenberries, plus suggestions of dried Provence herbs, pencil shavings and unsmoked cigars. The medium to full-bodied palate delivers taut, muscular black fruits with a firm frame of grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Le Lion de La Fleur de Boüard opens with tons of dark fruit, new leather, licorice, espresso, cloves and chocolate. This plush, heady Lalande de Pomerol is succulent and bold right out of the gate. The fruit profile is darker than in La Fleur de Boüard, while the oak signatures are stronger. There is a bit of astringency on the finish that will hopefully sort itself out
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Lots of blueberry and blackberry character with firm, chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. It’s full-bodied and very polished. Plenty of tar and dark fruit.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.