- Nick's Import
2020 Les Griffons de Pichon Baron Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Les Griffons de Pichon Baron is a blend of 50% Merlot, 42% Cabernet Sauvignon and 8% Petit Verdot. It is being aged for an estimated 18 months in French oak barrels, 50% new. This label represents 25% of the harvest. Deep purple-black colored, it howls with unrestrained scents of crushed black plums, ripe boysenberries and black cherry preserves, leading to nuances of ground cloves, licorice and rose oil. The medium-bodied palate is packed with juicy black fruits and a plush texture, delivering just enough freshness to lift the long, energetic finish.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Les Griffons de Pichon Baron is fabulous. Bright and intensely savory, the 2020 screams with character. The Cabernet seems especially expressive today. Inky red fruit, spice, dried flowers, crushed rocks and blood orange build as this exquisitely perfumed, nuanced Pauillac shows off its considerable pedigree. This is a terrific showing.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
A punchy red with blackberry and dark chocolate. Full-bodied, yet extremely refined and polished with a long finish. 50% merlot, 42% cabernet sauvignon and 8% petit verdot.
Lots of bright red and blue fruits, violets, graphite, and cedar notes emerge from the 2020 Les Griffons De Pichon, which is normally a more Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated second wine from this estate, but in 2020 checks in as 50% Merlot, 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 8% Petit Verdot. The élevage will span 18 months and it sees slightly more new oak than the Les Tourelles, being brought up in 50% new French oak. Medium to full-bodied, balanced, and elegant on the palate, it has ripe tannins, notable freshness, and a great finish. It's going to need bottle age. The quality of both second wines from Pichon Baron is sky-high.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.