2020 Dalrymple Single Site Coal River Valley Pinot Noir
  • 96
  • 95

2020 Dalrymple Single Site Coal River Valley Pinot Noir

$64. 99
$779.88 Dozen
Cellar: Drink now - 4 Years (2023-2027)
ABV: 13.5%
Closure: Stelvin

The fruit was handpicked, 94% was destemmed and added to the remaining 6% left as whole bunches for fermentation. Natural fermentation commenced after three days and the must was plunged three times daily. Maturation took place in French oak barriques (25% new) for a period of 12 months.
Deep dark red black shaded core with a dark to brick red hue. Spiralling out of the glass are aromas of violets, dark cherries, strawberries and dried clove followed by hints of rhubarb, forest floor and spicy cedar. Rich dark cherry, strawberry and rhubarb fruits make a supple entrance onto the palate with notions of dried clove, forest floor, pencilly cedar and spice lending complexity through the back half. Polished tannins have a sturdy underbelly. Good power wave concluding long, spicy and brambly.
Drink over the next 3-4 years.
Alc. 13.5%

Other Reviews….
The Coal River is one of my favourite places for pinot noir in Tasmania. There's a beautiful fragrance to this wine, somewhere between roses and violets, holding from the first moment of its captivating bouquet to the last trace of its enduring finish. Pitch-perfect red cherries run in tandem, intricately upheld by fine, mineral tannins. A triumph. Drink by 2032.
95 Points
Tyson Stelzer – James Halliday’s Australian Wine Companion