- Nick's Import
2020 Clos l'Eglise Pre-Arrival Offer
Very deep purple-black colored, the 2020 Clos l'Eglise leaps from the glass with vivacious notes of crushed black cherries, redcurrant jelly and ripe, juicy blackberries, leading to an undercurrent of camphor, graphite and cedar chest, plus a touch of crushed rocks. The medium to full-bodied palate is bursting with ripe black fruits, supported by rounded, approachable tannins and seamless freshness, finishing on a persistent mineral note.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Clos L'Eglise is outrageously vivid and hauntingly beautiful. Inky red fruit, wild flowers, mint and rose petal come alive in the glass, all framed by powerful yet well-balanced tannins. Although the 2020 is a young, structured wine, its balance is absolutely impeccable. I can't wait to taste it from bottle. It is a super showing from Hélène Garcin and Patrice Lévêque.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
A Pomerol with gorgeous crushed-berry, walnut, hazelnut and chocolate character, as well as a full body with ultra fine tannins that frame the wine beautifully. Extremely long finish. Three super wines in a row since 2018.
Based on 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc raised in 70% new French oak, the 2020 Château Clos L'Eglise is a beauty that’s going to match the magical 2009 and 2016. Dense purple-hued, with stunning notes of black cherries, cassis, graphite, licorice, and crushed stone, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, classic Pomerol elegance and purity, and a great finish. This is a magical, concentrated, blockbuster of a wine that somehow stays and delicate and ethereal as they come. Don't miss it!
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.