- Nick's Import
2020 Clos du Clocher Pre-Arrival Offer
Sporting a deep purple-black color, the 2020 Clos du Clocher gallops out of the glass with energetic scents of crushed blueberries, boysenberries and plum preserves, plus touches of ground cloves, cedar chest and damp soil. The medium to full-bodied palate delivers beautifully pure, well-defined black fruits with a fine-grained texture and seamless freshness, finishing earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Clos du Clocher is very perfumed and floral on the nose of exuberant black cherries, wild strawberry, shavings of black truffle and a touch of bay leaf. This is more sophisticated compared to its stablemate, Bonalgue. The palate is well balanced with fleshy ripe black fruit, licorice and hints of menthol. Certainly quite exotic in style compared to its peers, but controlled and quite persistent on the finish. An opulent Clos du Clocher, well crafted and with the substance to suggest long-term aging.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A wine with depth and generosity. Rich fruit and generously velvety tannins fill the mouth. Full-bodied and opulent, but not heavy. Sort of weightless.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.