- Nick's Import
2020 Clos de l'Oratoire Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Clos de l'Oratoire is wonderfully savory. Lavender, mint, sage, licorice and spice lend striking aromatic nuance to a Clos de l'Oratoire that emphasizes energy over volume, as has sometimes been the case in the past. The blueberry and blackberry fruit is finely sculpted in a wine that impresses with its vibrancy and drive. Clean, mineral notes inform the brisk finish. The 2020 is such a classy wine.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
A rather mineral and spicy red with medium to full body, showing blackberries and black walnuts. There’s a deep, polished tannin backbone to this. Racy and fine.
This wine seems to always deliver, and I loved the 2020 Clos De L'Oratoire. Lots of black cherries, subtle cassis, notes of lead pencil and violets, medium to full-bodied richness, and a balanced, elegant texture all make for a beautiful Saint-Emilion. It picks up more minerality with time in the glass, and its purity of fruit is top-notch. It will keep for at least two decades.
Medium-bodied, floral, soft, elegant, silky and almost ready to go, here you find polished, plums and cherries with a gentle touch of chocolate on the palate and in the fruit-filled finish. The wine was made from blending 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Confident and grippy with liquorice, cherry, rosemary, dried herbs and chocolate. It lifts and tightens through the plate, good tension, broad-shouldered, powerful and intense. 40% new oak. A yield of 32.5hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.