- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Maillet Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Maillet has a deep purple-black color and wonderfully pure notions of ripe black plums, wild blueberries and black cherries, plus hints of cedar chest, spice box and red roses with a waft of underbrush. The medium to full-bodied palate delivers mouth-filling black fruit layers with a firm, grainy frame of ripe tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
So much black-olive and blackberry character with chewy tannins that have an impact across the palate, but they remain polished and fine-grained. Creamy finish.
Lots of rich, toasty oak as well as spicy black fruits and tobacco emerge from the 2020 Château Maillet, and this puppy is rich, full-bodied, and powerful on the palate. It puts its foot firmly on the ripeness pedal, yet manages to hold things together and stays fresh, lively, and balanced. Nevertheless, this is a seriously decadent wine. It’s going to take 5-7 years to shed some baby fat then have two decades or more of prime drinking.
Deep, dark in color with its purple accents around the edges, the wine is sexy, silky, opulent and concentrated. There is a fabulous depth of flavor, velvet textured tannins and layers of black plum liqueur, chocolate and espresso that make an impression as the wine lingers and expands on your palate.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.