- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Les Gravieres Pre-Arrival Offer
Made from 100% Merlot, the 2020 Les Gravieres has a deep purple-black color, rolling out of the glass with ready-for-business scents of plum preserves, baked black cherries and blueberry pie, plus hints of violets, clove oil and camphor, with a waft of tree bark. The medium to full-bodied palate delivers velvety tannins and a lively backbone to support the generous black and blue fruits, finishing long and spicy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Les Gravières is a powerful, bold Saint-Émilion loaded with intense mineral and savory notes that play off a core of inky dark fruit. Blueberry jam, gravel, smoke, lavender, licorice and cloves add gravitas. Les Gravières is another impressive wine in the trio of 2020s I tasted from proprietor Denis Barraud. I very much like the vibrancy and tension here. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Medium-bodied with chewy tannins and a juicy finish. Blue fruit, bark and walnuts.
Deep, dark garnet with purple edges in color, the seductive wine is pure velvet on the palate. Full-bodied, rich, concentrated and sensuous, the fruit is perfectly ripe, expressing a gorgeous sense of purity on the mid-palate which manages to carry all the way though to the long finish. Clearly, this is the finest vintage of Les Gravieres ever produced! If you can wait 5 years or so before opening a bottle, this will be an even better wine.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.