- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Latour Martillac Blanc Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Latour Martillac Blanc has a fragrant nose of lemongrass, spiced pears and lime leaves, plus hints of fresh peaches and shaved almonds. The medium-bodied palate has an impressively racy backbone cutting through the intense citrus and stone fruit flavors, finishing long and zesty.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Latour-Martillac Blanc has a more reserved bouquet compared to its peers, but still quite compelling, with crushed rock infusing the dried yellow flowers, white peach and chai tea scents. I could nose this all day. The very well-balanced palate is quite intense, offering a fine bead of acidity and plenty of tension and mineralité toward the saline finish. If I was going to spend my money on one dry white Bordeaux this year, it might well be this.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A dense yet fresh white with sliced lemon and cooked apple. Green mango, too. Phenolic tension. Full-bodied and layered. Solid phenolics at the end.
I love this white, it has confidence and power and a sense of direction as well as a slate minerality that drags though the palate in a good way. Savoury white fruit - good stuff. A yield of 44hl/ha, 25% new oak. 14 months ageing on lees.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,325 g. Undated cask sample. 68% Sauvignon blanc, 32% Semillon. Aged for 14 months in French oak barrels (25% new).
Inexpressive on the nose, but in such a way that suggests the wine may have hidden depths. Very salivatory and much drier than some of its peers. Rather fine-boned and with lots of energy and drive. Appetising.
Jancis Robinson MW
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.