- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Kirwan Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2020 Kirwan prances out of the glass with pretty scents of redcurrant jelly, black raspberries and Morello cherries, followed by hints of lavender, black tea and dried Provence herbs, with a touch of tree bark. The medium-bodied palate has fantastic tension and fine-grained tannins framing the tightly wound red fruit and savory layers, finishing long and refreshing.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
Extremely exotic on the nose with crushed blackcurrants, raspberries and peaches, following through to a full-bodied palate with wonderful, refined tannins that are creamy and velvety in texture. Very long and persistent with a caressing finish. Best of the trilogy?
The deep purple 2020 Château Kirwan offers a rocking bouquet of jammy blackberries, blueberries, violets, cedary oak, and sappy flowers. Playing in the medium to full-bodied, rich, concentrated end of the spectrum, on the palate it shows the more focused and elegant style of the vintage, with wonderful tannins and impressive purity of fruit. This is another strong showing by Château Kirwan that will benefit from 4-6 years of bottle age and have more than two decades of longevity.
With a gorgeous depth of color, licorice, tobacco leaf, boysenberry, black plum, espresso and floral nuances come to the surface easily. Silky, refined, sweet and vibrant, the fruit lingers on the palate all the way through to the earth, spice and cocoa packed finish. This is already quite expressive and should be just great with 6 years or so of aging.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Classic and powerful with plenty of architectural features giving angles and walls as the wine stretches out. This has confidence and juice, but lacks exuberance. The tannins are pretty high, there is some chewiness, a little austere, it will benefit from softening over ageing. 7% Petit Verdot completes the blend. A yield of 33hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,355 g. Cask sample taken 6 April. 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot.
Black core with purplish rim. Intense blackcurrant aroma and a lovely lift from all that Cab Franc – lively dark-red fruits. Juicy, bright and yet well structured. Complete, harmonious and fresh. Not a blockbuster but all in proportion.
Julia Harding MW - jancisrobinson.com
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.