- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Haut-Brisson Pre-Arrival Offer
Composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, the 2020 Haut-Brisson has an alcohol of 13.8% and a pH of 3.65. It is being aged in French oak barrels, 35% new. Deep garnet-purple in color, it hits the ground running with open-knit notes of baked black cherries, mulberries and preserved plums, plus suggestions of chargrill, star anise and tar, with a touch of menthol. The medium-bodied palate practically quivers with tension, matched by a firm, grainy texture to support the intense crunchy black fruits, finishing long and savory.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Haut-Brisson is deep, fleshy and totally seductive. Inky dark fruit, plum, chocolate, leather, gravel and cloves all build as this sumptuous, opulent Saint-Émilion shows off its curves. Flamboyant and silky, the 2020 is wonderfully immediate but also has the energy to drink well for a number of years to come. This is one of the most pure, vibrant Haut-Brissons I can remember tasting.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
This is very linear and tight with beautifully crafted tannins that give a long, intense and energetic finish. The mid-palate is tight and poised.
Checking in as 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, the 2020 Château Haut-Brisson brings some serious fruit, offering a monster nose of chocolate-covered blueberries, iron, tobacco, and candied violet aromas and flavors. Rich and full-bodied, it has ripe tannins and outstanding length. It pushes on the ripeness scale, yet I've no doubt it's going to show more freshness and elegance from bottle.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.