- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Grand Puy Ducasse Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Grand Puy Ducasse is a wonderful effort from this Pauillac that has always threatened to pulls its socks up. The nose is crisp and focused, featuring vivacious black fruit, cedar and light minty aromas. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grained tannins and very well-judged acidity, taut at first but fanning out in a sophisticated fashion that I have not noticed on a Grand Puy Ducasse before. This might well be the dark horse of Pauillac. Chapeau! Tasted three times with consistent notes.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Beautiful richness and depth, offering plums, berries and redcurrants with some walnut and hazelnut undertones. It’s full-bodied and layered. Flavorful finish. One of the best ever.
The deep, inky-hued 2020 Château Grand-Puy Ducasse has a seriously impressive, balanced, full-bodied, structured style that's going to reward patience. Pure crème de cassis, black raspberry, graphite, lead pencil, and spring flower notes all define the bouquet, and it has plenty of background oak, a dense, chewy mid-palate, lots of tannins, and a great finish. It's going to need to be forgotten for 7-8 years but will evolve for 30 years or more.
Dark in color with a nose that quickly displays its cedar, tobacco leaf, thyme, smoke and black currant character, the wine is full-bodied and fleshy with salty tannins and a finish loaded with savory creme de cassis and a touch of chocolate. The wine is rich, supple, long, fresh and delivers a serious depth of flavor and character. This is a top vintage for Grand Puy Ducasse that will age for 3 decades with ease.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.