- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Grand Corbin-Despagne Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Grand Corbin-Despagne has a deep purple-black color and pronounced plum preserves, blackberry pie and cedar chest notes, with underlying hints of sandalwood, pencil lead and garrigue, with a waft of tobacco leaf. The medium to full-bodied palate is wearing a lot of oak at this stage, lending a chewiness to the tannins and somewhat swamping the pretty black fruit flavors, finishing long and spicy. It may take a little longer to come around than some other 2020s, but it should be worth the wait.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Grand Corbin-Despagne is one of the most elegant, polished vintages I can remember tasting. Silky and beautifully perfumed, the 2020 is all class. Freshly cut flowers, mint, sweet red berries and licorice grace this wonderfully classy Saint-Émilion.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Attractive black-olive and spice aromas and flavors. Medium body. Medium chewy tannins. Fine-grained texture at the end with lots of black pepper, white pepper and iron.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.