- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Dalem Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black in color, the 2020 Dalem leaps from the glass with notes of ripe black cherries, juicy blackberries and stewed plums, plus suggestions of garrigue, star anise and chocolate mint. The full-bodied palate is chock-full of wonderfully pure, expressive black fruits, supported by plush tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing long with a spicy kick. The blend is 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, aging for approximately 14 months in French oak barrels, 52% new.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Dalem has a well-defined bouquet of blackberry, raspberry, cedar and light undergrowth scents, all very focused and beautifully delineated. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins, ripe but elegant, with plenty of freshness toward the finish. There is an effervescent quality about this nascent Fronsac that I love. A super Dalem that will age with style.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Beautiful transparency and depth of fruit to this, yet it remains so refined and polished with extremely fine tannins that are energetic and long. Medium-to full-bodied. Such balance and intensity. One of the best I had from here in the making. 95% merlot and 5% cabernet franc.
I loved the 2020 Château Dalem, and this serious Fronsac should rank with the top wines from the appellation. Ample red and black fruits, tobacco, crushed stone, and background oak all comprise the bouquet, and it’s medium to full-bodied and offers richness paired with elegance, beautiful tannins, and a great finish. Tasted multiple times.
Licorice, espresso, chocolate covered plums, smoke and earthy aromas are what you initially notice. From there you find a boatload of silky, polished black and red fruits, coffee bean and cocoa that feels as good on your palate as it tastes. Fleshy, full-bodied, long and lusciously textured, this is already showing just great. With a few years of age, it is going to get even better.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.