500330936_1.jpg
  • 95
  • 95

2019 Schwarz Wine Co. The Grower Shiraz

Barossa Valley, South Australia, AUSTRALIA
$23. 99 Bottle
$287.88 Dozen
Cellar: Drink now - 5 Years (2021-2026)
ABV: 14.2%
Closure: Stelvin

Sourced from six different Barossa Valley sub regions, 88% of this wine was matured in French oak puncheons, hogsheads and an old 2350L wooden vat with the remaining 12% tank matured.
Impenetrable inky black in colour with a deep dark purple black tinged hue. Emanating from the glass are lifted spicy dark plum and liquorice scents which intermingle with subtle hints of clove, vanillin cedar, dried meats and pepper. Rich and lush yet also bright, the palate is awash with succulent spicy dark plum and liquorice fruits which overlay vanillin cedar, traces of earth and peppered dried herbs. Finishes with an edge of freshness, velvet smooth tannins and a long moreish aftertaste.
Drink over the next 4-5 years.
Alc. 14.2%

Other Reviews….
Fruit from 6 districts across the Barossa Valley, 10% whole bunches. Wild fermented, foot stomped and 88% matured in old French oak hogsheads, puncheons and a large vat. Unfined. An impressively full, vibrant purple hue heralds a carefully blended shiraz that unites the districts of the central Barossa Valley. Judicious deployment of whole bunches and seasoned French oak upholds a resolute focus on classy blackberry, black cherry and satsuma plum fruit, nuanced with black pepper and violets. Finely textured tannins and bright acidity carry a finish of impressive line, length and potential. Great value. Drink by 2034.
95 points
Tyson Stelzer – James Halliday’s Australian Wine Companion