- Nick's Import
2019 Lassegue Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Lassegue is a blend of 58% Merlot, 32% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. It is being aged in French oak barrels, 75% new. Displaying a deep garnet-purple color, the nose explodes with pristine, fantastically well-defined notes of Morello cherries, black raspberries and crushed black plums with hints of menthol, Sichuan pepper, cinnamon toast and red roses plus a waft of garrigue. The medium to full-bodied palate gives layer upon layer of elegantly styled black and red fruit flavors, supported by exquisitely ripe tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long with loads of baking spice and floral nuances.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Lassègue is a property that lies in a prime location, on the slopes along from Pavie and Bellefont-Belcier. Deep in colour, it has a fragrant bouquet with vivacious blackberry, blueberry and crushed violet scents. The oak IS beautifully integrated. A marine element develops with aeration. The palate is fleshy and soft on the entry, an easygoing, nicely balanced 2019 Saint-Émilion. I would have like a bit more backbone and grip on the finish. Crack it open after a couple of years and enjoy over 12-15 years.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is a very intense, focused red with blackberry and spice character. I am impressed with the polished tannins and flavorful finish. One of the best I have seen from here for a while.
Rich plum in colour, this grips right from the off, and moves slowly and carefully through the palate, revealing brambly blue and red fruits, and a lovely sense of energy and uplift. Extremely good quality, with sage and saffron edges alongside layers of fine tannins that close in towards the finish, slowing things down even more. This will age well, and is an elegant yet concentrated wine.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.