2019 Domaine des Hates L’Homme Mort Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru
  • 95
  • Hot Item

2019 Domaine des Hates L’Homme Mort Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru

Chablis, FRANCE
$79. 99 Bottle
$959.88 Dozen
Cellar: Drink now - 5 Years (2022-2027)
ABV: 13%
Closure: Diam Cork

Located in the north-west sector of Chablis in the village of Maligny, Pierrick Laroche runs this family estate which was established by his father in the 1970s. After getting a degree in oenology from Beaune and after graduating Patrick travelled the world, doing various internships to gain experience before returning home to start making wine and take over the family vineyards for himself. In 2010 he ceased selling grapes to the local co-operative and produced his first vintage to great acclaim.
Located towards the northern part of Fourchaume, this top Premier Cru vineyard is noted for growing on similar contours as the Grand Crus above the right bank of the Serein. The vines on average are 25 years old with some up to 35 years old. Vinified with indigenous yeast with a very long slow alcoholic fermentation of 2-3 months, 80% of the wine is aged in stainless steel and the remaining 20% in aged barrels.
Bright pale straw colour with a watery hue. Intense pear and lime aromas meld into light honeyed notes with some wet stone, oyster shell and chalky mineral nuances also evident. The beautifully detailed palate combines freshness with a concentrated flavour profile of pear, lime and green apple fruits over slatey mineral elements and traces of oyster shell. Nicely rounded pebble stone like mouthfeel finishing dry with brisk well integrated acidity and a long moreish aftertaste.
Drink over the next 4-5 years.
Alc. 13%