- Nick's Import
2019 Clos Fourtet Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Clos Fourtet is exotic and beguiling in the glass. Inky dark fruit, licorice, espresso, menthol and lavender all run through this sumptuous, beautifully resonant Saint-Émilion with bright mineral underpinnings that extend the finish effortlessly. A regal, exquisite wine, the 2019 has so much to offer. I can't wait to taste it in bottle.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Clos Fourtet continues its strong run of form under the direction of Mathieu Cuvelier and his team. It sprints out of the blocks with intense blackberries, raspberry coulis, blood orange and crushed violet aromas, touches of iodine developing as it musters ever increasing delineation. The palate is medium-bodied but (as expected) contains more weight and girth compared to its peers. Firm grip, solid and yet graceful, there is a crescendo of flavours towards its heady, focused and very persistent finish. Wonderful salinity in the mouth, the aftertaste is one of the longest you will find on the Right Bank. Fabulous.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A beautiful core of ripe fruit in the center palate with deep, dark-chocolate undertones. It’s full-bodied with layers of fruit and ripe tannins. Flavorful finish.
Starts out slowly, this is well built and muscled, and has no desire to show its hand too quickly. Instead the concentrated yet cooling cassis and blueberry fruits build ever so slowly, the tannins lightly etched at first then tightening their grip. An excellent Clos Fourtet, up there with the brilliant 2018, and one that shows off the full potential of this excellent property to withstand the hot dry summers that are becoming so common in Bordeaux. A yield of 38hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Deep in color, the wine opens with licorice, flowers, smoke, dark cocoa, wet earth and truffle nuances. The wine is fresh, rich, concentrated and balanced. With silky tannins, elegance and purity to the fruits, the supple texture combines the purity of fruit, lift, refinement and harmony in the fruit-filled, spicy finish. The wine blends 90% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc, reaching 14.5% alcohol. The harvest took place September 24, ending October 10.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.