- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Sansonnet Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Sansonnet is inky purple in colour. The bouquet is expressive and ripe with black cherries, raspberry coulis, incense and a touch of cassis. Everything is focused and under control. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, fine definition and pencil lead notes lining the persistent finish. This is a quality Saint-Émilion from this fast-rising estate. Excellent.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A lush, polished and vivid red with red-berry, cherry and dark-chocolate character. Medium to full body, plush tannins and a fruity finish. It shows attitude and structure.
The 2019 Château Sansonnet reminds me a touch of the 2016 with its concentrated yet elegant profile. Coming from a cooler terroir on the upper plateau, its deep purple hue is followed by a layered, pretty bouquet of black and blue fruits, graphite, crushed stone and violets. Medium to full-bodied and balanced, with excellent purity of fruit, moderate tannins, and a great finish, it's going to evolve nicely for two decades.
Intense and concentrated, as are so many in the appellation in 2019, with a lovely sense of freshness through the core. Again, a good reflection of what limestone can deliver in terms of balancing out the power of the fruit without losing the creamy texture. Good stuff. A yield of 35hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Almost opaque in color, the perfume here hits it! The strong essence of licorice, vanilla, black plum and even blacker cherry. Full-bodied, voluptuous, lush and sexy with layer after layer of super-ripe, fresh gorgeous fruits, soft, velvet tannins and length that sticks. The wine blends 90% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc reaching 15% alcohol, with no touch of heat.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.