- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Puygueraud Pre-Arrival Offer
Composed of 86% Merlot and 14% Cabernet Franc, the 2019 Puygueraud was harvested from the 27th of September to the 11th of October. Yields were 47 hectoliters per hectare this year. Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, it leaps from the glass with vibrant black cherries, crushed plums and black raspberry scents with hints of black truffles, fertile loam and wild thyme plus a hint of crushed rocks. The medium to full-bodied palate delivers loads of earth-laced black fruit layers with a seriously refreshing line and firm, chewy tannins, finishing on a compelling wild mushroom note. About 15,500 cases are anticipated to be made.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (June 2020)
Really spicy and salty with ripe blue fruit and blackberries. It’s medium-bodied with fine tannins and a long, flavorful finish.
Always a name to look out for in the smaller appellations, lovely silky texture and dense fruit flavours. Good grip of minerality but no need to wait too long to enjoy, as the tannins are soft and well integrated. A value pick in the vintage.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.