- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Prieure Lichine Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Prieuré-Lichine soars from the glass, showing tremendous aromatic depth and tons of pure drive. Silky and plush on the palate, the 2019 has so much going on. Super-ripe red cherry, red plum, blood orange, mint, wild flowers and sweet spice give this racy Margaux tons of class. As good as the 2019 is today, my impression is that there is more wine than I am seeing from these barrel samples. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Prieuré-Lichine has a dense and assertive bouquet with blackberry, loamy earth and touches of crushed violet. There is a pastille-like element that comes through with time. The palate is sweet and candied on the entry, a pinch of sea salt sprinkled over the black fruit that grips the palate. I wonder if this underwent a bit more extraction this year? Grippy and solid on the finish, this is a broad-shouldered Margaux that will need 4-5 years in the cellar.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Dense and layered red with blueberry and currant aromas and flavors. It’s full-bodied, focused and intense. Nice balance of fruit and tannins. Curious to see if 2019 will be better than the 2018 in the end.
This Margaux estate fashions a classic, dependable red, and I think the 2018 and 2019 are the finest vintages I've tasted from this address. The 2019 Château Prieure-Lichine is impressive, showing lots of spiced red and black fruits, sandalwood, and dried flower notes as well as medium to full-bodied richness on the palate. As with the 2018, it has a terrific floral and spicy character, ripe tannins, and beautiful balance.
Plump black fruits, medium to full intensity plum colour with a violet rim and slate-edged tannins that slow things down on the end of the wine. The trick with a Margaux wine is to get concentration without losing elegance, and they have pulled that off here. It's an excellent Prieuré, with a slow build through the palate, if not quite at the height of the wines that have been produced at this estate in 2016 and 2018 but you are not going to be disappointed here. Tasted twice two weeks apart. Stéphane Derenoncourt consultant.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Quite perfumed, with flowers, licorice, smoke, espresso and fresh red fruits on the nose. The wine is supple in texture, full-bodied, rich, round and lush, with polished tannins and layers of sweet, red and black fruits with lift in the finish. This will age quite nicely.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.