- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Maillet Pre-Arrival Offer
This is a dense, pretty red with blackberry and dark-chocolate character. It’s full and tight. The tannins really frame the wine. Well formed.
The 2019 Château Maillet looks to be brilliant stuff and is already hard to resist. Loaded with ripe black and blue fruits, candied violets, flowers, and incense notes, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, fabulous purity of fruit, ripe tannins, and a great finish. It's a complete, balanced, layered Pomerol that does everything right.
Succulent damson plums, black cherry and vanilla bean, this is rich in colour with a heady nose and plenty of character. Smooth mouthfeel, quite a punch of acidity that brings things in tight through the mid palate but opens up again towards close of play. Needs a good five years before drinking. Tasted twice two weeks apart. Hubert de Boüard consultant. From Vignobles Moze-Berthon, this is the flagship wine of this small portfolio of properties and a new creation that dates back to just 2014.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Lush, silky, juicy and rich, with layers of ripe, dark plum liqueur notes in the opening. The wine has a great depth of flavor, good intensity and a sexy, velvet-textured finish.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.