- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Lagrange Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Lagrange was picked from 24 September and finished with the Petit Verdot on 14 October - the longest harvest at 27 days. It has quite a dense, powerful bouquet with black fruit, sous-bois and cedar, taking its time to open but somehow remaining more “distant” than previous vintages of Lagrange. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, layers of black fruit with just a light citric touch. Quite a streamlined Lagrange in the context of a warm growing season, this feels agile and nimble on the finish. Excellent.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A red with dark fruit and plenty of dark chocolate, as well as spice undertones. Full body. Juicy finish. Extremely balanced and refined.
The grand vin 2019 Château Lagrange ratchets up the intensity, revealing a deep purple hue as well as beautiful notes of crème de cassis, new saddle leather, spice, and cedary herbs. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully balanced, and elegant, it's very much in the style of this plush, seamless vintage.
Dark plum in colour, medium intensity, this is sleek, well-defined and has an extremely pure expression of cassis fruit. Just enormously elegant, with tons of St Julien balance, and fine tannins that are sure to take it through the next few decades with ease. I love this wine, one of the most enjoyable of the vintage in St Julien, with a strikingly seductive texture. Tasted twice two weeks apart, sure to become a standout with some bottle age. When you look at the figures (which I only did after tasting) you start to understand why this is so good - highest level of Cabernet in the estate's recent history, longest harvest ever through to October 14, and only 1/3 of overall production in the 1st wine, lowest amount to date. Whatever they are doing, they are getting it right.
Jane Anson - Decanter
A big, juicy, energetic blast of spicy, invigorating cassis is the first thing that sticks with you. The fruit is sweet, round, full-bodied and fresh. The fruit here really lingers on your palate, and the tannins are ripe and present, which is a good thing because that sensation of purity in the finish is something you want to hang on to.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.