- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Labegorce Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Labégorce, picked from 19 September to 12 October and matured in 40% new oak, has one of the more flamboyant Margaux bouquets with expressive black cherries, bilberry, light cedar notes and crushed violet. It develops impressive cohesion with aeration. The palate is medium-bodied and what you first notice is the finesse of the tannins. This has a satin-like texture and very well judged acidity. The new oak does poke out a little on the finish - if that can be assimilated during its barrel maturation, this could turn into a very serious Margaux.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A creamy, refined red with currant and berry aromas and flavors. Hints of citrus and chocolate. Medium to full body with ripe, creamy tannins.
The largest of the Perrodo estates in Margaux, this is a little heavier set and muscular than the Marquis d'Alesme, extremely accomplished and majoring on coffee beans and tobacco alongside blackcurrant fruits. Enjoyable, a little less signature Margaux that its sibling property but this is a delicious gourmet-edged wine, and a brilliant (relatively) value choice in the appellation.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Wet earth, spice, tobacco leaf, oak, smoke, black and red fruits are the first things one notices, but not the last. The wine is rich, refined, elegant and fresh. The fruit is ripe, pure and vibrant. The energy, length and delicious, ripe, sweet fruit and spice in the finish is a treat. Today, it is hard to find a better wine for the money in the ever-increasingly expensive Margaux appellation. The wine is a blend of 45% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc and 6% Petit Verdot that reached 14 alcohol. The wine is aging in 40% new, French oak.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.