- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau la Vieille Cure Pre-Arrival Offer
The deep purple-black colored 2019 La Vieille Cure comes prancing out of the glass with regal scents of boysenberries, warm black plums, black cherry preserves and kirsch plus nuances of violets, espresso and camphor with a waft of black olives. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is laden with bright, pure black fruit layers, framed by wonderfully ripe, finely grained tannins and bold freshness, finishing long and fragrant. Stunning!
Lisa Perrott-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 La Vieille Cure dazzles from start to finish. Inky dark fruit, lavender, licorice and espresso infuse the 2019 with striking depth and textural resonance. Vieille Cure has tremendous presence and pedigree to burn; it is one of the under-the-radar gems of the vintage.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 La Vieille Cure has a palpable "strictness" on the nose, not quite as expressive as other Fronsacs at this nascent stage. The palate is succulent with supple tannins, bitter black cherry mixes with sage and salted liquorice that segues into a persistent finish. If the aromatics improve it will land at the top of my banded score.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is rich and decadent with lots of of blackberry, chocolate and walnut character, as well as pine needles. Full-bodied, yet framed and tight with a beautiful, rich structure.
The smaller appellations on the Right Bank did beautifully in 2019. The 2019 Château La Vieille Cure reveals a saturated purple color as well as a big, smoky bouquet of ripe black fruits, tobacco, and crushed rocks, with an almost Pomerol-like opulence and richness on the palate. It's a big, blockbuster Fronsac offering ripe tannins, terrific depth of fruit, and a great finish. It will be another gem in this vintage that's going to represent a great value. It should easily evolve for 10-12 years, if not longer.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.