- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau La Prade Pre-Arrival Offer
Composed of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc, the 2019 La Prade was harvested from the 30th of September to the 11th of October. Yields were 35 hectoliters per hectare this year. Deep garnet-purple in color, the nose opens with classic plum preserves, warm blackberries, licorice and cedar chest scents, unfurling to reveal provocative suggestions of chargrill, red roses, dusty soil and cinnamon stick. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has exquisitely ripe, very fine-grained tannins and loads of freshness lifting all the densely packed black fruit and perfumed layers to a long, mineral-tinged finish. Impressive! About 2,300 cases are anticipated to be made.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 La Prade hits the palate with notable intensity. Blackberry jam, plum, chocolate, spice and licorice infuse the 2019 with tremendous depth. Readers will find a potent, brooding wine. There is certainly plenty to look forward to.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
So spicy and flavorful with lots of white pepper, cloves and blackberries. Medium-bodied, tight and intense. Perhaps the best ever from here.
The 2019 Château La Prade comes from more limestone soils and is a normal blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc that's brought up in a rough split of new and used French oak. It's another wine from the Thienpont team that is going to represent a great value. Classic Bordeaux notes of cassis and black cherry fruits as well as a touch of new leather, spice, and dried tobacco, all emerge from the glass, and it's medium-bodied, has good concentration, and enough structure to benefit from a year or two of bottle age.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.