- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Grand Corbin Despagne Pre-Arrival Offer
This is really nicely crafted with a solid core of juicy dark fruit. Hints of cedar and vanilla. Chocolate, too. It’s full-bodied with a long, focused finish. Extremely well crafted.
I loved the 2019 Château Grand Corbin-Despagne, a mouthfilling, pleasure-bent beauty that packs loads of fruit and richness yet still stays balanced, nicely textured, and lengthy. It's going to offer pleasure right out of the gate yet should evolve gracefully as well. It's easily the finest wine I've tasted from this property. Tasted twice.
Lovely medium intensity purple on the colour, this is concentrated with clear and strong cassis and bilberry flavours and some fresh mint notes as it opens up through the palate - plenty of layers and complexity to unpick over the years to come. The Corbin sector on the clays near to Pomerol did a great job of resisting the periods of drought in 2019. A yield of 36hl/ha. 50% new oak. The 208th vintage of the Despagne family here, 24th for François Despagne.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Floral, with black and blue fruit, wet earth, smoke and licorice, the wine is silky and polished with an elegant nature, leaving with more of that delicious black and blue fruit in the finish. This could become the finest vintage of Grand Corbin-Despagne ever produced.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.