- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Fonplegade Pre-Arrival Offer
My sample of 2019 Fonplégade came direct from the property. There is a lot going on aromatically with high-toned black cherries intermingling with incense, kirsch and desiccated orange peel aromas. Fortunately it manages to maintain both focus and delineation. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins that lend this Saint-Émilion a corpulence that belies the structure that becomes tangible on the light grippy, quite spicy finish. This is a very well crafted Fonplégade, less ostentatious than previous vintages and all the better for it.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Plenty of juicy, ripe fruit with plums and hints of chocolate. Medium to full body and round tannins. Tight and focused. Such richness and balance.
The 2019 Château Fonplegade showed brilliantly and I suspect will be one of the top vintages from this estate. Gorgeous black raspberry, spiced cherries, dried herbs, chocolate, and a touch of flowers all define the bouquet, followed by a full-bodied red with an elegant, seamless texture, silky tannins, and a great finish. It's going to benefit from 3-5 years of bottle age and drink beautifully for 10-15 years. Tasted twice.
Silky, rich, juicy blueberry and raspberry fruits, this is good quality and will age. It's less immediately voluptuous than the 2018, acidity seems a little higher, giving elegance and balance, with a mint leaf edge that gives a lovely cooling finish from an estate that is going from strength to strength. A yield of 35hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Black raspberries, plums, flowers, smoke, crushed rocks, vanilla and stones open the nose. On the palate, you find silky tannins, sweet red, polished, soft, ripe fruits that express purity over power. Medium-bodied and finesse in style, give this 6-8 years in the cellar before opening a bottle to allow for more nuances to develop. The wine was made from a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc and reached 14.5% alcohol. The harvest took place September 20 to October 5.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.