- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Feytit Clinet Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Feytit-Clinet was cropped at 34hl/ha between 18 September and 3 October and matured in 70% new oak for an expected 16 months. It is understated at first and demands coaxing from the glass. It rewards you with pure black fruit, freshly shaved black truffles and touches of crushed stone. The palate is magnificent: precise tannins, a perfect line of acidity, impressive complexity and amazing focus. Oddly it reminds me of a Lafleur, though there is much less Cabernet Franc here. Unquestionably, this is the best Feytit-Clinet that Jeremy Chasseuil has overseen and I cannot wait to taste it in bottle.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is a real beauty with ripe, opulent fruit and plush, polished tannins. It’s focused and tight at the end, but the texture and flavor is of standout quality.
The 2019 Château Feytit-Clinet is a beauty, offering loads of opulent blackcurrants, damp earth, licorice, new leather, and espresso aromas and flavors. It's a big, rich barrel sample that packs plenty of depth and richness, yet also stays light on its feet, with no sensation of weight or heaviness. It also offers integrated oak and a great finish. I'd be thrilled to have bottles in the cellar.
Some serious structure and lift going on here, this has walls to the tannins rather than just frame, and intends to hold its ground for a good few decades. Not the most exuberant Pomerol in the vintage, instead this goes for controlled but silky black fruits, holding back its coffee bean dusting until the wine has fully opened in the glass. Excellent quality from Jeremy Chasseuil at Feytit-Clinet in this vintage. 70% new oak. A yield of 42 hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
This hits you right where it counts with all the truffle, dark chocolate and earthy plums, Good levels of concentration, richness, and velvety tannins make all the dark cocoa, black cherry, plum and truffle that much better. The finish really sticks with you too, coaxing you back for another sip. The wine blends 92% Merlot with 8% Cabernet Franc, reaching 14.8% alcohol with a pH of 3.8. This is a contender for the finest vintage of Feytit Clinet ever produced. Great job, Jeremy!
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.