- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Doisy-Daene (375ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Doisy Daëne has seriously intense notes of pineapple upside-down cake, ripe apricots and lemon marmalade with hints of acacia honey, paraffin wax, orange blossoms and preserved ginger plus a waft of marzipan. The palate is rich, unctuous and boldly decadent, featuring layer upon layer of exotic fruits and spices, finishing with that signature freshness. A powerhouse!
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (June 2020)
The 2019 Doisy-Daëne is creamy, ample and resonant in the glass. Wild flowers, ginger, orchard fruit, pear and tangerine oil are some of the many strands that inform the 2019. Rich and yet also wonderfully light on its feet, the 2019 is hauntingly beautiful and impeccable in its balance.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Doisy-Daëne is uncharacteristically backward on the nose and demands coaxing, eventually revealing lovely clear honey, quince and sea spray/oyster shell scents. The palate is beautifully balanced with a fine line of acidity, taut and fresh with a weightlessness on the finish that contradicts its intensity. Not the best Doisy-Daëne ever, but still a tiny bit fab.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Full-bodied with very spicy, dried-pear and honey character. Mango and toffee as well. It shows lots of intensity.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.