- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau de Fieuzal Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Fieuzal is expressive and layered. Dried herbs, lavender, sage, mint and crème de cassis come together in a rich and powerful wine that stops short of being too unctuous or overdone. A wine of terrific balance, the 2019 is classy, understated and polished; it is not terribly complex but it certainly is very pleasing.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 de Fieuzal, tasted from two sample bottles, has a clean and pure bouquet with perfumed, quite floral scents that infuse the blackberry and bilberry. The oak is nicely integrated. The palate is medium-bodied with firm tannins, saline in the mouth and spicier than some of its fellow Pessac-Léognans. Moderate depth, a distinct marine influence emerges towards the finish that lingers nicely. Could it have been better with more flair? Maybe, but it's a fine de Fieuzal.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Wet earth with dark berries and crushed stones. Some mushrooms and bark. It’s medium-to full-bodied with open, chewy tannins. Some iodine undertones.
The 2019 Château De Fieuzal showed beautifully and should be the finest wine I've tasted from this estate (admittedly, I haven't tasted much). Deep purple-colored with a gorgeous bouquet of blackcurrants, spiced cherries, unsmoked tobacco, chocolate, and gravelly earth, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannins, terrific balance, and a great finish. It's beautifully done and I suspect will be a hidden gem in the vintage.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.