- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Bellefont Belcier Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2019 Bellefont-Belcier is a promising wine. The bruising tannins that were once found in these wines appear, thankfully, to be rather tamed in the 2019. At the same time, there is plenty of the virile power that makes this Saint-Émilion so distinctive. Black fruit, graphite, spice, leather and incense all build into the hulking finish.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Bellefont-Belcier is inky purple in hue. Cropped at 41hl/ha between 27 September and 14 October and matured in 40% new oak, it offers attractive blackcurrant, bilberry and subtle raisin scents that are impressively defined and focused. There is a “coolness” about these aromatics that I admire. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannins, gentle grip, very pure fruit with a citrus like freshness. Edgy towards the finish with just a faint graphite-like note emanating from the 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Certainly this is one of the best examples I have tasted from this Saint-Émilion estate.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is very complex with super fine, silky tannins that just take off. Full bodied with berry, chocolate and walnut flavors. Mushrooms and cedar, too.
An estate that deserves more recognition in the market today, the 2019 Château Bellefont-Belcier comes from a fabulous terroir not far from Larcis Ducasse and Château Pavie. Gorgeous cassis and black raspberry fruits give way to a full-bodied, incredibly elegant 2019 with loads of floral notes, the classic minerality of this terroir, ripe tannins, and blockbuster of a finish. The elegance and purity of this wine paired with its richness and depth are something.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.